Saturday, March 04, 2006

the sky is falling

Leafs fans on radio after losing to the Sabres had two major points.
1. Trade Sundin for major young superstar prospects.
2. Quinn should be fired. His fault and Olympics loss showed he is done as a coach.

Needless to say, I disagree with them.

How come no one has called in to comment on the sustained drop in price of chicken breasts? For the last month they've been running at sale prices at a few of the local grocery stores here in Ottawa, and my only conspiracy theory is that the if the bird flu virus hits, the farmers fear their stock of chicken will be worthless so they're getting rid of as many of them as quickly as possible.

I also think Felicity Huffman is going to win the Oscar for best female actress. Reasons being, she's a woman playing a man pretending to be a woman. Hilary Swank and Gwyneth Paltrow won for women playing men, I think Felicity just raised the bar. What did Reece Witherspoon play? The harpischord or something.

I should state that I have seen neither film, and am just judging based on those reasons and that I found 1:5 odds to bet on Felicity with (bet one, win 5) and only 4:5 on Reece. The other candidates aren't going to win. I hope.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why does Saturday Night live repeat sketches on new episodes?

No comments: